Last weekend, Ben and I went whitewater rafting with 2 of my good friends from college and their husbands. After receiving the invite to go, I was terrified really excited when Ben agreed that we should participate in this very dangerous exhilerating activity. After signing my rights away (including my right to live) I was pretty much convinced that I would have at least 1 bodily injury and/or emotional injury to hold over my husband's head report. The pre-rafting safety course only confirmed this when the instructor mentioned things like what to do if you get caught in a hydraulic. I mean talk about a comforting mental image. And while I was very jealous that the other groups had very athletic looking guides skeptical of our old, crusty guide, Dickie (aka Captain Ocoee), he quite possibly saved my life. There was a point early on in our trip where I was headed straight into the gushing rapid and he reached over and grabbed me by my life jacket and pulled me back into our raft. Thanks again Dickie for keeping us all safe! Since I am alive and able to write this post, I can now say that the trip was a lot of fun!
Pre-rafting picture of the group
Me, Lindsey, & Raney
Some pictures to prove that I actually went action shots
Sigh of relief, we survived!
Thanks again Raney & Keith for inviting us!
Haha! This is hilarious! I'm so proud of your bravery! :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the commentary! We had a blast!
ReplyDelete