After moving into our house, Ben and I quickly realized that we needed
lots of furniture. At least one weekend a month is usually devoted to furniture and antique shopping. Whenever we travel to see family and friends, we always make it a point to do some furniture shopping while we are there. This past weekend we made our biggest purchase thus far....dining room chairs!
Who knew how expensive chairs could be?! Ben's sweet grandmother gave us her antique dining room table and china cabinet which we are so grateful for. However, we have been staring at this table since October and have yet to find any chairs that we liked. I'm glad we waited as long as we did, because I love the chairs we found, but it has been very difficult to meet friends when you can't invite anyone over for dinner!
BEFORE
So, where did we end up finding these chairs (after 8 months of searching)...in an antique store in Mobile. So, Mingle Moving Company made a trip to Mobile this past weekend to pick up our dining room chairs. It was a memorable trip to say the least in the "chester the molester" van. Hopefully, when we make our next furniture purchase it won't be 800 miles away! Poor Ben had to drive the whole trip because anyone who knows my driving record knows it probably would have been a costly trip if I had tried to drive the panel van
(drive with your mirrors...whats that all about?).
AFTER
Next items on the wish list are window treatments, artwork, and a more elegant chandelier :)
Last but not least. One other very important thing came back with us.......the top of our wedding cake. Thanks to my parents for storing it in their deep freezer for the past year. We will find out if it is still edible in less than a week!
Hopefully, it will be as yummy as I remember....
I LOVE your house. And I must say the Dining Room looks fabulous. Glad to see things are going well for you. Now, I need to warn you about the wedding cake...it is NEVER as good as the first time. Josh and I took one bite of ours and about gagged. And one more thing...I must be honest, I need some Jill in my life. It has been WAY TOO LONG.
ReplyDeleteJill, your dining room is gawwwgeous!! So pretty! And I agree, I think the chairs are perfect. Can't wait to see y'all this weekend!
ReplyDelete