After leaving WaterColor, we headed over to Point Clear to stay at The Grand Hotel. This is where we stayed on our wedding night, so it was really fun to go back and reminisce. We even ate dinner at Felix's Fish Camp which is where had dinner the Sunday night before flying out to St. Thomas on Monday.
So, needless to say, this past weekend (our actual anniversary) was pretty low-key. We celebrated on Friday night by enjoying a delicious meal on our china and eating year-old wedding cake. Ben grilled steaks and I prepared the salad and twice baked potatoes (thanks to Fresh Market). It was perfect! Oh, and the wedding cake was surprisingly not that bad...it still had a great flavor, just a little dry :)
But the best part of my weekend (besides celebrating 1 year of marriage) was getting to see my sweet friend Sarah who lives in Atlanta now. It is such a small world because Sarah's husband is good friends with Steve also......so they came in town for the shower! I had been looking forward to seeing her for weeks and the visit did not disappoint! I don't think we stopped talking the entire 2 hours. Ben said we weren't even making words because we were talking so fast. Sarah is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of friend. She has been such a blessing in my life! I keep praying that one day we will live in the same city again....but until then thank goodness for gmail and lots of "free" time at work. Miss you Sarah!
We have another wedding this weekend......this makes 3 weekends in a row! Do you think it's wedding season?!
We have another wedding this weekend......this makes 3 weekends in a row! Do you think it's wedding season?!








Jill you are so sweet! I miss you too!
ReplyDelete