I've debated about whether I should devote an entire post to this. But then I decided since this blog is intended to be an account of our lives, Pure Barre must be mentioned since it has become a big part of my life. So, here goes...
I love the idea of being a runner but when it actually comes down to me standing outside on the sidewalk it is just torture for me. I've tried the gym thing but I just can't ever stay motivated past a week or two. When I signed up for bootcamp the month before our wedding, I thought I was going to die. I clearly remember looking at my friend when we were running with a jump rope and stating that I pray I never got really big and had to actually do this to lose weight. I know that is absolutely awful to say but that is how much I despised working out. It's hard to be in my profession though and know all of the benefits of exercising and yet not do it. It wasn't until I got married and saw how easy it is to gain weight when you are cooking and keeping a full pantry that I realized that I had to do something...no excuses any more. Enter Pure Barre.
I found out about this new workout craze from my friend Amanda. She had started going in Charlotte and had been telling me how much I would like it {we danced together at Samford but you don't have to have a dance background to enjoy it!}. At that time we didn't have a studio in Chattanooga so I couldn't get too excited about it. So, a few weeks go by and I decide to look on-line to find out more about this thing called Pure Barre. Much to my surprise I came across this article. I really couldn't believe it, Chattanooga is never on the up-and-coming!
September 9th I took my first class. Thankfully, I was able to recruit a friend who had also heard about it so I didn't have to go by myself! I could barely walk the next 2 days so I knew I had worked something. The next week I took another class to make sure I liked it before I committed to a month unlimited {which was the new client special}. September 20th I bought the month unlimited package and I guess the rest is history. I've been going an average of 4-5 times/week ever since.
I guess I can officially say that I am obsessed. The days I don't go, I miss not being there. I mean that is a huge statement for me! I could write a whole post just on the benefits (mentally, physically, etc.) but for the sake of boring you to tears I will just say the results have been amazing. I am a better person {read better wife} when I come home after class. I will warn you though, it is not the cheapest option that is out there. I still struggle with the price but Ben has been so supportive which means so much to me. I am dedicated to going and he sees the results so he feels like it is worth it. At some point I have to tell myself that you can't put a price tag on your health. If it works for you, then do it.
So, if anyone is even still reading at the this point...you are probably asking what is it? what do you do? I know because I asked the same questions. It is very hard to explain but this video I think does a good job. It basically targets the areas that women typically struggle with {triceps, abs, thighs, and seats} but it's a very intense full body workout. It goes by really fast which I love and I love all of the stretching. I am so relaxed and feel very refreshed when I leave.
I really wish I had some great before and after pictures but truth is I haven't taken many pictures in the last few months because I am so grossed out every time I see one. I wish I had taken my measurements before I started but to be honest I never imagined I would a) like it as much as I do to keep going long enough to see results and b) actually see dramatic changes in my body like I have. My clothes are fitting differently and the scale is showing a number that I am happy with, so that is all I need to keep me motivated! Just wait for bathing suit season :)
No comments:
Post a Comment