Ever since we have moved in, I have always thought the house across the street was sketchy. There are always lots of cars over there. Ben has talked with the owner before and apparently some of his kids and their kids had moved back in with him, so that explained all the different ages and why there were so many cars....or so we thought.
A few weeks ago a Uhaul showed up and I couldn't help but be ecstatic inside. I immediately called Ben and told him finally now that we are wanting to sell our house, our shady neighbors are moving out. So, this Uhaul stays there for several days. Ben said they were not only moving furniture, but he saw them like scrubbing the garage? Okay that's totally normal? So, we thought just the kids were moving out since the house was never for sale. The police were over there a few weeks ago, but again didn't think a whole lot about it since it wouldn't surprise me if one of them was in trouble with the law. Well, the past week there has been absolutely no activity at the house...other than 2 cars parked there.
Picture of the house from the street...very normal
Notice the Red and Yellow Signs? They appeared this week...I couldn't stop wondering what they said. I mean this is our neighbor, we have a right to know? Last night I made Ben pull in the driveway so we could get a better look. The yellow piece of paper said in bold letters "Order of Quarantine", Ben and I stared at each other and immediately hit our car into reverse. What in the world? I mean what does order of quarantine mean? Why were the neighbors not notified of this? We were comming with all kinds of speculations.
And then a little google search revealed the truth behind our house across the street. All this time our sketchy neighbors were actually cooking meth. Another picture to show you just how close this little meth lab was to our home...this was taken standing on our front porch.
So many thoughts have gone through our head. The house could have easily exploded. It is amazing that we never had any real problems from them, other than having to look at the used car lot. It is something you see on movies, but I never imagined something like this happening in our neighborhood! So, plans to put our house have been put on hold as I am thinking notices of quarantine on the neighbor's front door would not be a selling feature of our home. Just another weeekend on East Dallas Road.
No! That is so crazy! So glad they are gone... hopefully the quarantine signs will be soon!
ReplyDelete