There is no shortage of recipes to be pinned and I have done my fair share of contributing to this growing number. When my "recipe" board was getting seriously out of control, I decided to create more boards (appetizers, sides, etc) in an attempt to make it more manageable. It helped, but was still not as functional as I was hoping. Have you ever been in a grocery store, scrolling through hundreds of pictures on your iphone trying to find "the pin" which will lead you to a webpage that you then have to navigate to find "the recipe"? I quickly decided this was not working. See, I am usually not organized enough to go through my pinterest page prior to going to the grocery store.
Enter Dropbox- a cloud service that allows you to save your personal files. I have it on my computer and now on my iphone. It is amazing. This article describes how you can use it to organize your recipes. By using google chrome you can save a website as a PDF. It is so simple and you can specify which page numbers you want to save, which means you don't have to scroll through 10 pages before you get to the recipe! This is huge. Now it's just the time consuming process of going through the pinterest page to decide which recipes are "keepers" and which ones were probably pinned in haste when I was very hungry...which happens often.
Not only is this a solution for my Pinterest recipes, this is also huge in helping with the paper clutter. I have so many recipes printed out from websites, like cooking light. I have written little notes to myself on different modifications I made. Does anyone else have a recipe book that looks like this?
You can imagine being at the grocery store, deciding you want to make a certain recipe and then having to place a phone call to the hubby asking him to rummage through the above mess. Do not recommend it.
Enter GeniusScan . A way to scan my recipes by simply taking a picture with my phone.
And are you ready for this---genius scan will "send" to your dropbox account. Wow. All of my recipes, included handwritten ones, on my phone in a neat little folder that is alphabetized. Complete life changer.
Happy Organizing!

No comments:
Post a Comment