6.26.2012

Summer Vacation- part 1

I realized that there is a blogger app. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. So, I decided there were no more excuses. If this app is as easy as it claims to be, then I can commit to a few minutes a week to start blogging again. Most pictures I take are with my phone anyways!

Truth is life in Atlanta is really good, but life is crazy. Both of our jobs are more time consuming and our "free" time is much more precious! Blogging has truly fallen very far down the ever growing "to do" list. So here's to a new start!

More on everyday life at a later time. We were blessed to be able to take a week off in May for some needed rest and relaxation.

Our week started off in Amelia island at the Ritz carlton. Neither of us had ever been to Amelia, so it was fun to go somewhere new and different. Growing up going to the gulf, I am not use to the hard sea shells! Per Ben, it's great for running but I wouldn't know anything about that :)

We enjoyed tasty chocolate covered strawberries as an early anniversary treat.

Tropical storm beryl decided to join us. So, unfortunately the last 2 days were rainy but we made the best of it. The ritz provided us with some glow sticks, just in case we lost power. Which we did. But it was in the middle of the night so didn't cause too much inconvenience.

Overall, the first half of the trip was great! Check out the double rainbow-- one of the coolest things I have ever seen and such a good reminder of God's providence.

1 comment:

  1. Those sunset pictures are amazing! Welcome back! :) And Happy Anniversary! Where have the last 3 years gone??

    ReplyDelete