5.27.2010

What's For Dinner?!

One of the first things I did after we got married was get a subscription to Cooking Light. It is no secret, I did not cook much before I got married....so I knew I was going to need some help! Sometimes the recipes are pretty good and other times Ben would be fine if I never served it again. However, I keep going back to Cooking Light recipes because it makes me feel better about what I am serving my family :)

This week I knew I needed to use the remaining chicken breast and was searching for a new, creative way to cook chicken. I had pretty much given up and was just going to season it and put it on the grill.......until I found this recipe for Chicken Parmesan. After watching this instructional video, I had a good feeling that it was going to turn out really good (who doesn't love melted cheese!). So, when Ben called to ask what's for dinner, I was confident enough to tell him that he was going to love it.....glad I didn't have to eat my words!


And the final product.........



Truth is we were both too hungry to take the time to take a picture, but trust me it was awesome! And the fact that it was ready in 15 min made it even better! It is a perfect weeknight meal and it will definitely be served again at my house!

I followed the recipe exactly, except I used chicken breast instead of tenders since that is what I had. I used the Muir Glen Organic sauce (purchase at Publix) that is recommended since that is the spaghetti sauce that Ben & I use anyways. I topped with mozzarella cheese instead of provolone. We served it over angel hair pasta. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! You crack me up with your videos! But this recipe sounds delicious...I predict this will be attempted at the Shepherd's this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete