2.15.2011

One thousand gifts...

So much blogging to catch up on, so many e-mails that need to be written, so many phone calls that need to be made, and so little time. Hence the theme here....I am way behind! But we are adjusting to our new lives in Atlanta. More on that later I promise!

Really the intention of this post was to share this new book/website.


"Just like you, Ann Voskamp hungers to live her one life well. Forget the bucket lists that have us escaping our everyday lives for exotic experiences. “How,” Ann wondered, “do we find joy in the midst of deadlines, debt, drama, and daily duties? What does the Christ-life really look like when your days are gritty, long—and sometimes even dark? How is God even here?” In One Thousand Gifts, Ann invites you to embrace everyday blessings and embark on the transformative spiritual discipline of chronicling God’s gifts. It’s only in this expressing of gratitude for the life we already have, we discover the life we’ve always wanted … a life we can take, give thanks for, and break for others. We come to feel and know the impossible right down in our bones: we are wildly loved — by God. Let Ann’s beautiful, heart-aching stories of the everyday give you a way of seeing that opens your eyes to ordinary amazing grace, a way of being present to God that makes you deeply happy, and a way of living that is finally fully alive. Come live the best dare of all!"

With all of the changes going on in our lives right now, I find it so easy to focus on the things that aren't turning out the way we had "planned" and even at times questioning God's plan for us. It always seems so much easier to focus on the negatives, instead of stopping and counting all our blessings. So, that is what the author of this book did-- started naming daily blessings and counting them all the way to 1,000. And on the website it's an open forum of women sharing all of their daily blessings. How awesome is that? When I heard about this website/book, I stopped everything I was doing and was immediately hooked. I couldn't stop reading the first chapter on-line. I can't wait to get the book and read more and learn how to live life more fully.

First on my list of blessings today would be for coffee and my sweet husband who got up to make the coffee for us this morning :)


“I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among the throngs I will praise you.” Psalm 35:18

No comments:

Post a Comment