1.06.2011

Christmas in Chattanooga

Christmas morning was one I will never forget. I was in complete awe of the snow falling down. It made me not miss home as bad, knowing that I would never see this in Mobile. It was absolutely picture perfect!


We left our house that morning and headed over to Ben's parents house. Jacob had flown in from Boca Raton Christmas morning, so it was really good to see him. Ben couldn't wait to get over there so they could play in the snow!


Carol is truly the hostess with the mostess. I have some big shoes to fill that is for sure...I own like 2 Christmas decorations and did not even put up a tree this year. I am pretty sure she would be appalled if she came over to our house and would have sent some kind of emergency decorating crew over.

I mean who doesn't own casual Christmas china and formal Christmas china? Totally normal, right?






Working really hard to create that perfect snowman!
Jacob diligently working....not knowing a large snowball was headed his direction...

Guilty...
I guess he asked for forgiveness by offering to clean his neck off


All of the yummy food
After dinner, we enjoyed some tunes from someone's new toy...
 Later that day, we headed over to see Miss Dottie, Ben's grandmother, who unfortunately fell the week of Christmas and had to spend Christmas at the rehab center. In her words, "this is the most unusual Christmas." Due to the snow, she didn't want to get out as she was afraid she might fall again. So, we brought the Christmas presents to her. But I think the gifts cheered her up!
We had a great time with my in-laws and I feel so blessed to have 2 families that care about and love us so much. And I must admit, it was really nice not having to travel and waking up at our own house on Christmas morning!

My favorite Christmas gift this year was from my mother-in-law, who passed on her silver tea set to me. I don't know that I could ever bring myself to use it but I think it is absolutely beautiful just sitting on our buffet. I have never mentioned to her that I wanted one, but I couldn't be more excited that she has entrusted me with hers. I love sentimental things and this means so much more to me than any tea set I could have gone and bought.

1 comment:

  1. A few things...

    1-LOVE your tea set. I am so jealous!!
    2-LOVE your MIL Christmas decorations! So much fun!
    3-Did I see some yummy items baked in your juliska? If so, does this mean that you are turning into Rachel Ray?? I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete