8.16.2010

Out with the old and in with the new...

I knew the time when I would no longer be driving the 626 was approaching, given it's 135k miles and deteriorating condition...I just didn't realize how sad I would actually be when that day came. We listed my car on Craigs List on a Saturday afternoon on a whim. All the while Ben was thinking we were never going to be able to sell it and therefore never make money on this ------- (fill in the blank). Much to our surprise, we had a serious buyer call within 20 minutes of having it listed. We arranged a time to meet with this potential buyer on Monday. They offered us exactly what we were asking and, therefore, at 6:00 on Monday I was officially carless...

Getting in the 626 for the very last time! Thanks for the past 8 years of memories!

So, in between these 2 pictures consisted of lots of carpooling, quality husband & wife time, and lots of researching SUVs on the internet. Who knew looking at new cars could be so time consuming and stressful!?! We finally compromised agreed on an SUV -- Volvo XC90 -- so now it was all about finding the right deal and the right color combo.  

So, this past weekend we took a little trip {500 miles one way to be exact} to Wilmington, NC to pick up this...


Just forgive the crazy hair......it was so windy in Wilmington! And although I originally thought it was our compromise vehicle, after 3 days of driving it....I am in love! So, here is to the next 8 years of memories :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! Didn't you kinda feel like you were saying goodbye to a family member? I remember when we finally gave up Rhonda the Honda. But then you quickly forget after you've been behind the wheel of the new car for about 10 minutes, and realize it's totally worth it. So happy for you! And you look like a skinny mini!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more piling mulch into 2 cars. Yay! Love it!

    ReplyDelete